I want to call this a healthier banana bread. I use honey instead of sugar and while there is some unbleached white flour, I use mostly whole wheat. Perhaps I’ll get to the point where I can use only whole wheat in my baked goods, but for now I’m enjoying using both flours and testing the limits to the point where you can’t even tell the whole wheat is there. But the fact still lies, there is nearly no nutritional value coming from white flour and honey is technically a sugar. HOWEVER, unlike sugar, honey has some incredible health benefits. Check it out:
- 27 minerals
- 22 amino acids
- 5,000 live enzymes
- Improves digestion
- Boosts immune system
- Reduces risk of illness and disease
- Heals cuts and wounds
- Aids weight loss
- Promotes healthy, glowing skin
- May help heal and prevent ulcers
- Raises levels of antioxidants in blood
- Boosts energy
- Supports good bacteria
- Relieves morning sickness
- Soothes a sore throat and cough.
1 loaf, 350* for 50-60 minutes.
- 3 browned bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 whisked egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Mash your bananas in a large bowl.
- Melt your butter and add to the bananas.
- Add honey, egg, and vanilla and stir.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- Butter or grease your bread pan and pour mixture in.
- Place in oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, poke with a toothpick to check if done. Remove from the oven when the toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm with butter and enjoy!